Translate to Spanish

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Time... And a Special Tree

Because of "Trouble #2," and his wonderful ability to get into anything and everything... like markers; we decided to do something different for Christmas.
An Upside Down Christmas Tree! This sucker is impossible to water and a bit tricky to put presents under... Yeah, I'm just kidding... It is fake... no real tree for us this year... Which is kind of sad because we usually go up to Apple Hill to cut one down. So no apple fritters or apple pies or cider from Apple Hill yet! We'll have to make a trip here pretty soon so that we can get our yearly fix. Erin made a tree skirt and wired all the branches not to fold. Yep, those fake trees when held upside down love to fold... so we had to get creative to keep them all out.
Noah did a fantastic job decorating the tree. He's standing on the stool so that he can reach up high. Eli can only reach the bottom 2-3 ornaments, so we'll see how this goes!
We wish all of our friends and family the best for this Christmas season!! Merry Christmas!
Love, The Nartker's (Justin, Erin, Noah, and Elijah)

8 comments:

HeatherM said...

you guys are soo funny! I would have never thought of in a million years. my suggestion, have girls! My girls are so easy I think I am ready for a boy, maybe. (please believe me the easiness or hardness has nothing to do with parenting)

Chelsy said...

haha, I love it! Gotta keep one step ahead of the kiddos! I'm excited to see you guys (especially so Erin and I can get a fun 'braces' picture).

Melody said...

That is awesome. We need to come over and see! We miss seeing you guys. By the way, I love the Christmas background, it's my favorite!!

Marc and Stacy said...

What a great idea!!! I love it!

Jen said...

LOL that is PERFECT!!!!

Lovell Family said...

great idea...I've pretty much given up on my tree since both my boys are constantly taking the ornaments off, and throwing the bulbs around like balls!

Jenkins' Family said...

You guys are so creative! We just put our baby gate around ours.

Suzann said...

what an amazing idea...an upside down Christmas tree. I love it.

Our Noah


Little Eli

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker